The future of Europe in a world of uncertainties
“Global trends and increasing uncertainties”
· New features of the globalization process;
· Perspectives for the world economy;
· The outlook for world commodity markets;
· The integration of monetary and financial markets;
· International labour migration flows.
Position of the EU and its member states in the world economy
· Competitiveness in international goods and services markets;
· Attractiveness for foreign direct investment;
· The future role of the euro;
· Causes and consequences of labour migration;
· Globalisation and the catching-up process within the EU.
Policies in the EU in response to increasing uncertainties
· R&D and innovation;
· Functioning of labour markets;
· Completion of the single market;
· Challenges posed by population ageing;
· The role of the EU in coordinating national policies;
· The adaptation of the European social model.